Saturday 10 March 2012

Antenex 2

This morning, I went to my family doctor about my problem with nightmares. It felt weird to finally verbally admit to someone that I may have a problem. Someone that actually listened, even if it's their job to. A month ago, I tried telling my mother that I've been having chronic nightmares but she shut me down before I even finished the sentence.

My doctor gave me prescription to a drug called Antenex 2. It's supposed to relieve anxiety. I did some research and found that your emotions before you sleep affects your dreams. So if you go to sleep stressed or unhappy, that could increase the chances of nightmares. Antenex is only meant for temporary purposes so I don't know what will happen after I finish them. I know that nightmares are caused by stress and the nightmares add to my anxiety so it's a double edge sword. So maybe, if the medication works, I'll be able to focus to on fixing other aspects of my life.


1 comment:

  1. I did some reading on Antenex this morning. Diazepam is marketed in Australia as Antenex, was first marketed as Valium. Amongst other things it's used for the short term management of anxiety. How long has your doctor prescribed it for?

    Common side effects are: drowsiness, over-sedation, light-headedness, memory loss, ataxia (lack of co-ordination of muscle movements), and slurred speech.

    Here are a couple articles you may find interesting on understanding and coping with nightmares:

    http://www.dreams.ca/nightmares.htm

    http://lucidity.com/EWLD10.html

    ReplyDelete